Sunday, January 16, 2011

Chocolate mint cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting for my Sweetie !!

I made vanilla cake bites dipped in chocolate a few days ago. 
They were simple and satisfying.
I like chocolate, but sometimes I don't want alot of chocolate. 
Well..... today is not that day. 
I am having a major craving for chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. 


I guess my sweetie was right when he said "you can never have to much chocolate."
 I found a great chocolate cupcake and  buttercream frosting recipe at How to eat a cupcakes website. 

I followed the recipe for the cupcakes and at the end stirred in Andies baking chips.  
I also followed the recipe for the vanilla frosting but added cocoa to the frosting to make it the chocolate I was craving. 
The cupcakes turned out great, Tony loved them as I knew he would. 
He is a big mint fan. 
The frosting turned out AMAZING. 
I loved the added cocoa to it.  

The combination of the chocolate mint cupcake and the chocolate buttercream frosting was great. 
Just the perfect amount of chocolate and mint !! 

I garnished with an Andies Mint !!
I am just getting the swing of how to frost cupcakes using a pastry bag.
It is actually quite fun and pretty easy. 
 I think it goes faster then by hand !!
And looks nicer !!

They were sooooo good.
I hope you make them soon !!
They are worth it.

Martha Stewart's One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes


Makes 2 dozen

Ingredients:
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup warm water
3/4 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with liners; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla; mix batter until smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to assure batter is well mixed.

Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about one-third full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.

Frosting ingredients:
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1 tea. vanilla extract
1/4 cup cocoa powder

Directions:
Add the butter to a mixer bowl and beat until light and fluffy, about 2-3 min.  Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa powder together.  Add the powdered sugar mixture slowly to the butter while mixer is on slow. Mix till light and fluffy again, about 5 min.  Add the vanilla and beat 1 more min. until incorporated.

Enjoy !!

6 comments:

  1. They don't only look amazing but sound incredibly tasty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the words of encouragement !! They were gone in minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! And yes...you can never have enough chocolate! Thanks for sharing on Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I love your blog, I will be visiting it often and sharing more !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the way your frosting looks! Do you remember what tip you used?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought a mechanical pastry bag (I believe thats what it's called) at Target after Christmas. It is made just for cupcakes, came with four tips. It was on sale for cheap so I decided to take a chance !! I think it works out great also. I don't know if you can find it now, but I have seen them at Walmart. If you don't know what I'm refering to, send me your email and I will send you a picture.

    ReplyDelete