There is an Italian restaurant here named Johnny Carinos.
They have the best Italian Nachos.
They serve them with sliced black olives, but Tony doesn't like black olives
I know he's so crazy
How can you not like black olives
I can eat a whole can of them.
They are also made with wonton wrappers.
I know, you would think wonton wrappers would make them Asian.
They are drizzled with a homemade Alfredo sauce.
Topped with Italian sausage and Roma tomatoes.
I found this great recipe at Getoffyourbuttandbake.
cut on the diagonal to form triangles
(sometimes found in the salad section) *
For the Cheese Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 1/2 cups grated Parmigiana-Reggiano, or other good-quality Parmesan
- In a heavy, medium saucepan melt the butter over low heat. Add the garlic and then the flour and stir to combine. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Increase the heat to medium and whisk in the half-and-half little by little. Cook until thickened, about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; add 2 cups of the grated Parmesan. Season with the salt, pepper and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Cover and set aside. *If the sauce becomes a bit thicker than you might like, simply add some milk or more half & half.
- Heat a heavy saucepan or deep fryer to medium. Cook the wontons until light brown. This only takes a few seconds per side. Set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Pile the wontons on a large serving platter. Drizzle with warm cheese sauce. Add sausage, chicken, tomatoes, olives and peppers. Top with shaved Parmesan. EAT IT!
- You can also assemble the plate of Nachos, then sprinkle grated Mozzarella over all, and heat in the microwave just until cheese is melted.