six sisters stuff. I followed the burger recipe exactly as well as the secret sauce recipe except I pan fried my burgers since it is December and snowing outside. They came out nice and juicy and tasted great. The secret sauce was really good, kind for like thousand island dressing or big mac sauce. Next time I will serve the sauce on plain burgers, not BBQ burgers as you could not taste the BBQ sauce because of the special sauce. You could serve the sauce on the side to dip your fries in!
The Best Hamburger Recipe (and secret sauce)
1 lb ground beef (I used 85/15- you want a fattier meat to make a juicier burger!)
sesame seed buns
1/2 cup Monterrey jack cheese, grated
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
seasoned salt to taste
cracked black pepper
3/4 cup of mayo
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup relish
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine the ground beef, grated cheese, BBQ sauce, and seasonings. Shape patties that are about 1 inch thick. With the 1 pound of ground beef I made 5 large patties.
- Turn grill up to high and let it get hot.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and place the burgers on the grill. Allow this side of the patty to cook for about 4-6 minutes, but make sure it doesn’t burn. Then flip the burger over and cook until done.
- For the sauce: Combine all ingredients and whisk until well mixed. Taste and adjust ingredients to your liking.
- Assemble the burgers and serve with the special sauce, avocado, lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickles and your other favorite hamburger toppings!